Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Most Important Person in the World

As a mother, more often than not it feels as if my days are filled with the mundane.  Sort, wash, dry, fold...wipe a nose...change a diaper...prepare the meal...wash the dishes...referee a fight....and on it goes, with little evidence of progress.  As my hands are busy tackling these tasks, my mind can start to wander and go to the places that seem to hold more value and influence, a place where I make a name for myself, whatever I fancy at the moment...a well know photographer...adventurous missionary...great writer...popular blogger...something more than just a stay at home mom.

Then I feel a tug and I look down to see this little face, waiting patiently for me to tie his shoe and it dawns on me that this little one and the other 6 that I have the privilege of raising and training, don't care what kind of name I may make for myself.   To them I am Mommy, the most important person in the world.




Mommy, most important person in the world is a role I'll gladly accept.  My prayer is that I will walk worthy of such a high calling, as I spend myself each day caring for them, loving them and teaching them.  While I know that in my own strength I'll give it long before the day is done, I have this hope...
"And God is able to bless you abundantly so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."  2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment