Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sometimes....

Perfectionism is one of those things I wrestle with...sometimes it pins me into a position where I'd rather not try, than risk failing doing "it" perfect.  Thankfully I've made great strides in overcoming this tendency, and have learned to accept less than perfect.  Sometimes those perfectionist expectations rear their head, as happened last Friday.  On Thursday I had spotted an ideal location for a shoot, and decided to try it with my little ones the next day, as we were in the same area.  The location was great, but the sun was still a bit harsh and my little ones quickly melted in the heat and weeds.  Tired, cranky, uncooperative, but stuck there for an hour while we waited for my oldest to finish a job; so we pressed on and although it wasn't the perfect shots I'd envisioned they are still worth the time and energy it took to coax them out.

 This little angel was enthusiastic as we dressed for the shoot, but her enthusiasm lasted about 2 minutes once we arrived.  By the time my camera was ready to go her enthusiasm had waned.
 She perked up for a few seconds, but quickly
 reverted to this....
 lovely group photo...
 photogenic child, who wouldn't dress up for the shoot...
that's all they could handle...they were done...little man had, shed his styled shirt and they were leaving with or with out me.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment